Position: Community Lending Officer
Reports to: Director of Lending Date
Posted: January 18, 2019
Location: This is a state-wide position.
Compensation: $55,000 – $68,000 Fulltime salary is based on experience. CEF provides a full-range of benefits, generous paid time-off and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Purpose of Position:
The Community Lending Officer is responsible for generating new business loans that meet Colorado Enterprise Fund’s mission. The primary focus of lending is on small businesses throughout the State, specifically those owned by minority, woman, veteran and immigrant entrepreneurs and those located in low to moderate income areas.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities – Production:
• Generate loan volume through building relationships with community, partner organizations, bankers, accountants and other creative techniques in collaboration with small business support organizations
• Develop new clients and partners with the intent of creating positive economic impact in support of the CEF mission
• Screen applications for fit with lending parameters
• Perform preliminary loan underwriting analysis
• Determine appropriate lending structure and fit with CEF programs
• Represent CEF at industry events and informational forums
• Prepare loan request narratives for Loan Review Committee, when applicable
• Make periodic site visits to CEF borrower businesses
• Identify technical assistance, education and training needs of prospective clients and connect with appropriate resources, internally or externally
• Collection and review of required documents for accuracy and completeness
• Act as collaborative member of the production team
Job Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
• Proficiency with document processing and data management in Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat and client resource management tools (CRM)
• Strong sales and networking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and phone presence
• Knowledge of business financial statements and tax returns
• Ongoing focus on continual improvement and efficiencies
• Vision to create and implement synergies across the production team and the entire Company
• Demonstrates a commitment to CEF’s mission
• Experience with commercial lending and SBA 7(a) loans preferred but not required
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of applicable experience
• General office and commuting
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resumé to: email@example.com
Position will remain posted until filled.
Colorado Enterprise Fund (CEF) is a nationally-recognized, award-winning nonprofit that helps people achieve their dream of owning a small business. CEF makes loans and provides capacity-building advisory services to help entrepreneurs and small businesses revitalize communities, create quality jobs, develop new products and services, and become a force for good in Colorado. Our team is a diverse and dedicated group of people who are passionate about our customers and our mission of advancing prosperity for everyone in Colorado. CEF serves the entire State of Colorado, with its headquarters in downtown Denver. For more information, please visit our website at www.coloradoenterprisefund.org.